“The Secret Sauce”email@example.com
For many years, manufacturers and professionals alike have marketed and touted the abilities of hearing devices in improving hearing. While no one can argue that a hearing device is indeed necessary and they are not all created equal, the underlying reason for someone’s success or failure comes down to the professional fitting them.
To add to the misinformation, the onslaught of advertising focusing on low cost reinforces the concept that all one needs to hear better is a product. Our intentions as professionals are not to make it seem like everyone needs our services to gain back lost hearing. It is our intention to make it clear that the right professional has the knowledge and skills to maximize the benefits of the device(s).
What a hearing professional does to properly fit hearing devices:
1. Examines the outer ear and ear drum for abnormalities and refer to an MD as necessary.
2. Administers various tests to determine proper function of the hearing system both physically and acoustically.
3. Determines the best product choice based on numerous factors including desired results, budget, physical ability, etc…
4. Counsels patients on their hearing loss, using hearing devices, integrating them into everyday life, etc…
5. Takes accurate impression for custom pieces as needed which ensures a good fit and therefore a more comfortable and better sounding hearing device.
6. Adjusts the hearing devices acoustically and physically on the day someone gets them and for years to come, therefore avoiding hearing aid in the sock drawer syndrome.
7. Provides advice and support beyond simply the devices themselves. There are numerous accessories and devices which can add a lot of utility and benefit to hearing devices themselves.
When you are looking to improve your hearing and want the best results, who you choose is more important than what you choose. You might refer to our excellent hearing professional as being the “secret sauce” which makes us successful.